River Division Members Overwhelmingly Ratify New Agreements
Full- and part-time PACE River Division bus drivers represented by Teamsters Local 330 recently ratified separate collective bargaining agreements guaranteeing new raises and enhanced job security.
The Teamsters voted overwhelmingly to approve new seven-year contracts, which provide fair and equitable wage increases to both units each year for the length of the agreements. The Local 330 members service PACE bus passengers throughout west suburban Elgin and the surrounding area.
“Our professional and hardworking members at PACE deserved a strong new Teamster contract. Because of the efforts demonstrated by the rank-and-file Union Negotiation Committee and the solidarity of the unit as a whole, we were able to achieve just that,” said Dominic Romanazzi, President of Local 330.
In addition to wage increases, the new contracts include:
- Additional bereavement benefits
- An improved vacation policy
- Improved training rates for new employees
- Increased payouts for accidental death and dismemberment life insurance
- Reduced probationary periods for part-time drivers transitioning to full-time
- New Christmas and jury duty paid leave for part-time workers
- Tripled leave of absence time periods for part-time workers
As part of their Teamster agreement, part-time PACE drivers also eliminated any reduction to their hourly wage rates if and when they transition to the full-time wage progression.
Teamsters Local 330 is an affiliate of Teamsters Joint Council 25, America’s premier labor union for Chicago, Illinois and northwest Indiana.